the journey continues…

post

158 Comments to “the journey continues…”

1. Ursula Pope says:

Like everyone else, at first read this is confusing/what the…., but I understand how this will allow you more time to dream and experiment with new creative ideas. Congratulations and best wishes as your journey continues!!!

2. Carol H says:

AS others have said… shock and sadness and anger and confusion followed by (after reading all the way through) hopes that this is what YOU want and that it will be good for you and Mario and your creative journeys! Meanwhile, I buy Distress!

3. I’m excited to see what Tim comes up with now that he might have a tiny bit of extra time! I’m confident Ranger will continue to be a leader in our industry. Best of luck to you both!

4. Velvet Pearson says:

Wow! What a big change for you, Tim. I hope it’s a good one that leads to a new door opening and even more creativity for the rest of us to enjoy.

5. Barbara L. says:

.??? I hope this means you will have more time for you and Mario to do what you want to do and create and travel as you want. And more time to relax and enjoy your house…and Disney. My pocketbook doesn’t say it but I do….More Distress!

6. kelly bond says:

Thank you for the inspiration and creative genius. I hope that the next part of your journey is amazing. I send you and Mario good energy and wishes for dreams that come true.

7. After reading through all the comments, it looks like we are all along for the journey with you Tim! I’m excited about what’s waiting around the corner. You never fail to amaze and inspire me. Wishing you all that you’re wishing for!

8. Jenel says:

Wow! I hope this is a decision that makes you happy! I am so grateful that you have shared your creativity with all of us and can’t wait to see what you do next!

9. Alli says:

Excited to see where you are going to take us next Tim!
    Glad to see that you will have more time to do what is in your imagination!
    I don’t know how you’ve done it for so long!
    Mario has been a big help, but seriously…. you guys need some down time! Bring on 2017! Where will your journey take you?!

10. Julia says:

Wow, I feel a new Company coming on, maybe TH&M CO. Whatever it is I will probably buy it. Good Luck and onward and upward.

11. Whatever you touch turns to gold, and so will the very next thing you touch Midas Tim! I’m so looking forward to the next golden thing! Cheers to you my friend!

• Addie says:

Tim, Without change we ossify. No matter how or why this change happened, it signals life. Creativity doesn’t grow from comfort; it’s always adjustment –to circumstances, material, expanding abilities. All good wishes to you as you live and grow. I’ll be cheering you on from here.

12. Dina says:

You are a true visionary and one of my favorite people on the planet. So grateful for you.

13. Donna Gibson says:

It sounds like nothing more than a business decision. Ranger wants to be known for quality products and not just as the company that sells Distress products as it was before the Distress line came along. Now each artist that Ranger produces for will get equal representation from them. Tim will be able to focus solely on his own line of products which is great for all of us! Wishing both Tim and Ranger all the best as they pursue their respective artistry!!!

14. pamela Roth says:

As long as he keeps creating those great stamps..I love his designs.

15. Hmm, it sounds to me like you are moving forward with your career. Will be looking for bigger and better things from you – best of luck!

16. Tona says:

I’m not sure if I should feel happy or sad. It does sound like this will be a good thing for you though, Tim. As always, enjoy the journey!

17. Anne R says:

Wishing you much happiness and success in whatever this new change brings for you (and for Ranger). As a famous young man I know often says – enjoy the journey!! x

18. Cim Allen says:

I’m just not sure how to react. I just hope it is all for the Better for you Tim. :). Wow !!

19. Tracey Rentcome says:

Tim I hope this brings you happiness and joy- how exciting for you – thank you for all you have brought us as creative director at Ranger Ind. Holding my breath to see what comes next! #TeamTim

20. susan salyer says:

Wishing Tim all the best I am so devoted to his inks 🙂
    always will be.

21. Ann Marie says:

Im confused?

22. Tara says:

Wow, a big change that I’m sure will allow you more time to focus on your own diverse brand! I’m sure you will be missed by Ranger, you are leaving some big shoes to be filled 🙂

23. Gail Bales says:

Wishing the best for you and hope we can still be there as the journey continues!

24. Lou Ann says:

More time creating instead of directing!! Good move!

25. Diane Swanson says:

Totally confused. I hope you clarify this soon because we love you and love your products!

26. Bejay Roles says:

Goodness, this is sudden, the way the notice was worded made me feel like Ranger had fired you, Tim!! I had to read it through a couple of times and I think I’ve worked it out now. Are you still actually working with Ranger but now as a designer, as well as being able to work with other companies? I’m trying to think that this is a good thing for you, Tim and hope that we will still see your wonderful videos of loads of new products you will now have time to develop. Good luck in all you do in the future.
    Bejay xx

27. Laura Casey says:

Change is good ….. or so they say …… Let the creativity for both begin !!

28. Renee says:

Wishing you all the best in whatever comes next.

29. Janice Grant says:

As long as Tim’s ok with it, I’m ok with it.

30. Laura says:

Hope this is a positive change for you — best wishes, as always!

31. Jill says:

Im not sure what exactly this means for you Tim, but I hope it is what you want!!

• marilyn says:

Hate these types of announcements when we all have to “read between the lines” to understand what really happened. Sounds like there was a “parting of the ways” and seems to me that Tim holds all the cards in this one. He IS the creative master with a huge fan base! Go Tim….your creative journey has miles to go! (As an aside, before I could post this, I had to type in the Captcha words: ROAD CLOSE….how ironic is that!)

• Dear Tim….You are soooo talented and creative! You can go ANYWHERE and do ANYTHING…and I will gladly follow your art! Sooo as long as you are HAPPY…Loyalty is good quality to have!

32. Sharon Young says:

Unexpected. Best wishes on the next leg of your journey. Look forward to hearing more. Thanks Tim!

33. KathyP says:

I hope this means more cool products and awesome videos!

34. Alice Adler says:

T!m is an amazing person full of ideas brimming over with possibilities. I was so surprised initially because it just hit me in the head. But what I want, first and foremost, is for T!m to be happy, 150 percent. When T!m is happy, we are all happy!!!

35. Tamera Broadaway says:

I hope this is a good thing!?!?

36. Anne Voss says:

I know you will continue to inspire all of us! If you are happy, we are happy for you. No question in my mind as to your continued success.

37. Jacqui Blondel says:

Oh. Was my first reaction, but now you won’t have the stress being a Creative Director must have. Maybe now you will be free to give more time to your first love …. creating. Good Luck Tim

38. Oreo says:

So who is the creative director of Ranger’s going to be?
    Side note – everyone should have pleasure of meeting Tim, met him 8 or 9 years ago, and he is the most WONDERFUL man 🙂

39. Jennifer S. says:

I’m with everyone else – conflicted. At first it sounded like a bad thing but this could leave you more time to create, Tim. Here’s hoping this is a positive change.

40. Darlene P says:

Part of me feels sucker punched, and part of me wants to believe that this is a good thing. Above all else, that which matter is that you Tim, are happy with this decision.

41. Rosann says:

OMG … don’t scare me like that … I thought I was loosing you … Well … feeling kinda strange about this ( yet another change for me … hum ) !! Okay so what does this REALLY MEAN … do we still get to see you at shows doing demos ??? Congratulations or Goodbye for now ?? 🙂

42. Dianne says:

I’m feeling the same vibes like everyone else. I hope this is positive for Tim. I just discovered him!

43. I see this as a win-win for the creative community. Ranger will continue to produce the Tim Holtz lines, and Tim will be able to expand his own brand without the need to oversee so much at Ranger as their Creative Director over more than just his own line. I’m excited to see what this change will bring!

44. Angèle says:

Back to basics and what is your strength, creating new ideas and products – think that’s a wonderful next step in your future and giving you more freedom – good luck and looking forward to join you on that journey!

45. Patty Williams says:

I am hoping this is a good thing for Tim ! I assume this will free him up to other things. On to bigger and better things for yourself and mario!

love you guys !

46. Tine Bødker says:

OMG! simply don’t know how to respond to this post!

47. diana says:

WHAT the HEY!!! is my first reaction but know that as i take the time to read through i am sure it is a good thing for you Tim…congratulations and 14 years.. holy moly.. i can’t wait to see what your next step is…

48. I’m not sure if I should ‘how could they?’ or ‘ congratulations’.

49. Pinky Borres says:

The journey continues………and so is creativity.

50. Alice Adler says:

Well, congratulations, I guess??? I’m not quite sure how to feel??? Wait and see? Strange announcement or is it just me?

1 2 3 4