the idea: seasonal series distress inks…

Seasonaldistressink hey bloggers, after the exciting launch last week of the new seasonal distress series, i have to say once again how overwhelmed and grateful i am for it all.  i can't even begin to thank everyone so much for sharing in the excitement and creative chaos this launch stirred up.  so i wanted to share a little background of how the idea of the seasonal distress series came to be.  as you know, i truly love my distress line with ranger.  after being on the market for over 7 years, i continue to use these inks as if they are the latest and greatest.  i'm happy with the palette of 36 colors of distress, but of course there are times when i want a certain color especially around certain seasons.  which got me thinking…i've said it many times, trust your crazy ideas…

so i pitched my idea to ranger, to create a batch of unique seasonal colors for distress inks.  i loved the idea of creating a palette of 3 new colors perfect for the season.  we would create a batch of these colors once a year to release to the market.  these colors would only be available for the season and not be made again until the following year.  being a U.S. manufacturer, adding new products of any capacity has its challenges, but adding more to the already popular distress line had even more.  numbers we're crunched, reports ran, production materials ordered, distributors notified, and schedules made, if we were going to launch this we were going to be ready – at least that was our intention…

to say we were all blown away at the response from all of you would be an understatement.  based off any previous new distress ink launch we produced more than predicted sales.  in fact we manufactured what should have been weeks worth of inventory, but instead it sold out within 6 hours, completely unexpected.  don't get me wrong, i knew it was going to create a bit of a frenzy being limited and all, but 6 hours?  of course once we all realized what was going on, it was too late to do anything about it immediately, but that didn't stop us from trying to figure out a solution.

one of the many benefits of ranger being a U.S. manufacturer is the ability to react quickly, so we began to try to secure more materials, create more dyes, allowing us to make another batch of these seasonal fall distress inks. although it was not part of the initial plan, we want to do our part to meet the demand set by all of you.  so i'm happy to say that ranger is making one more production run of the fall seasonal distress inks to ship out in the next few weeks. i truly appreciate the support from all of you, and wanted to do my best to make sure more people had the chance to get a set of these colors if they wanted.  simply amazing!…

now to answer some of the many frequently asked questions:
– are there going to be reinkers for these colors?  the short answer is no, but the reason is simply because these unique seasonal colors are made in a small batch to create the specific colors i want.  so i had to choose and i would rather have more distress pads available than half the amount if we made reinkers.
– will i be able to get these seasonal colors again?  yes, my idea was to have these colors around for the season.  so next fall, these same colors will be created again and made available for the season (kind of like seasonal fruit i suppose).
– are you making other distress products in these seasonal colors?  i only wanted to create these seasonal colors in distress ink pads.
– since they are part of a "seasonal series" does that mean there are going to be other colors for winter?  yes, i've created a set of seasonal colors for winter as well, and they will be released on november 1st!

well hopefully this has explained a little more about the seasonal series of distress inks.   i can't express my sincere thanks enough to all of you for sharing your creative energy with this launch.  it's been a fun way to bring new colors to the distress palette and i appreciate all of your amazing support and excitement.  guess this idea wasn't so crazy after all – who knew?…t!m

516 Comments to “the idea: seasonal series distress inks…”

1. I guess I’d better pre-order those winter colours! I know I’m going to want them. The fall colours are gorgeous!! I adore them!!!

2. Erika says:

Very exciting news can’t wait to get some.
    Regards Erika.

3. Bravo to you and Ranger for being so responsive. You must think we’re like sharks in a feeding frenzy, LOL. But as someone who was successful in getting my order in, all I can say is THANK YOU!! And that I’m looking forward to Nov. 1!!
    xoxo

4. Renee S. says:

Sold out in just six hours! You’re like a rock
    star. Wait, you are a rock star!!

5. Diana says:

well i am going to have a to be a ‘johnny on the spot’ i suspect in order to get my hands on the winter line!! i can’t wait til next year to get the first set!!

6. Smart moves, all the way around. Limited edition = marketing genius! Making more to please us crazies = superb customer service. This is only a small part of why you, T!m, are so successful. And we thank you for all that you do and congratulate you on your constant successes. I’m looking forward to playing with my new seasonal colors once they arrive. Counting down to the cruise too!

7. Kathy says:

Beautiful, unique selection of colors. I’m very glad you went with your crazy idea! :). Thank you!

8. Colleen - Michigan says:

I got my set in the mail yesterday – they are AWESOME. Can’t wait to see what you cooked up for the winter set!

9. Lori says:

PLEASE work on getting reinkers also! Otherwise these pads will just be useless; I know they last a long time but we NEED the reinkers for other reasons/purposes also – as you have taught us!!!

10. becky jeffress says:

Wow, more new things to come-yippee!! Thanks, too, for the explanation, who knew all these crafty folks were so needful of more ink!!!!!

11. Suzie Brush says:

Tim ~ I would have thought by now you would have realized how your creativity, wonderful ideas, and flair for art, you would have known we would love it 🙂 – I do like your humbleness 🙂 it is a good quality which makes me want to buy your products even more 😉 – have a wonderful day…Oh yeah tell Mario, “Thanks for all the work he does” – FL/girl =)

12. Darcy E says:

Congratulations on another successful product! The colors are truly amazing and I’m hoping I will be fortunate enough to get them when the second batch is released. Thank you for continuing to provide all of us with remarkable products and ideas.

13. LeAnne says:

That is awesome! I would love to get my hands on those! 🙂

14. Michelle S. says:

wwoohhoooo I love that you and Ranger were able to make more. I love even more the idea that there will be more special colors available!

15. LeAnne says:

That is awesome! I would love to get my hands on those!:)

16. Rachelle says:

I am really looking forward to the winter pallette too! And, of course, what you show us we can do with them, Tim!

17. Ron says:

6 hours, wow. Nice to know the same colours will be available next year, rather than yearly seasonal sets.

18. Angela W says:

They are gorgeous and a fabulous idea! I can’t wait for the winter colors!

19. bernadette says:

hi tim, thank you for all the updates and thank you ranger for making new batch of the seasonal distress inks. i’m still waiting for them to arrive in my local store.

20. Kathy says:

Great to hear more are on the way! In addition I will be watching for Nov. 1st.

21. Cheryl S. says:

I think you explained it very well. I too am looking forward to the seasonal colours and can’t wait to get my hands on some! Hopefully i’ll be able to!!!

22. Judy Jackson says:

I am very happy to report that I now have the new Fall Seasonal Distress pads in my little old craft room! Now I want the winter colors as well! Can’t wait. But having these sold out in six hours is almost unbelievable! Will you have a set of three Spring DI’s as well?`

23. Barbara says:

YAY! Can’t wait to see what your next set of colors will be!

24. i love to read about “behind” the story. thanks for everything.

25. lacyquilter says:

I STILL want refills! Ranger should have time to make them for next year, right?

26. Kris Whittaker says:

Awesome job, as always, Tim and Ranger! And I’m sure the winter series will be just as great.

27. Dana D. says:

Can’t wait to see your new winter colors.

28. Kathy Scholl says:

Glad the crazy risk turned out so well for you; will be keeping my eyes open for a chance to grab a set of these pads.

29. Kathleen says:

They are fantastic! Got mine this weekend at the Rhinebeck Stamp Show where Mr. Stampers Anonymous Ted Cutts was using them in demos! Thanks for all the inspiration Tim!

30. Congrats on another FABULOUS product release :O) Thanks for the interesting info. I got the notice this morning that my seasonal DI’s have shipped…I’m over the moon EXCITED!!!!

31. Jana Trazo says:

Uh oh… better give my hubby a heads up on the Christmas Seasonal Distress Inks!!!! yay! I’m soooooo excited. My Fall colors should be in the Mail any day now!, thanks Tim!
    Aloha,
    JT

32. stephen says:

Love it… I told you it was like Black Friday for ink!

33. Wow how exciting, I have preordered mine as they take a while to get to uk, will have to keep my eye out for the winter ones, I am sure I will need them too.great stuff, good luck and well done for the success. Ta trace x

34. stephen says:

Love it… I told you it was like Black Friday for ink!

35. Carol says:

Love all the Distress colors, eagerly awaiting November 1st!!!

36. Debbie says:

Wow! I can’t wait to see the winter colors!

37. Alecia says:

I am SO thankful I got my set! It should be delivered today!!
    I can’t wait to see the Christmas Collection you have waiting for us!

38. Marsha says:

I was one of the people looking for the new colors but they were sold out. Can’t wait for the November 1 release. Thanks so much for making such great inks…….

39. Holly McMannes says:

You are right, “Who knew”. Can’t wait to see the Winter Seasonal colors.
    I hope still to get the Fall ones. I’m on the hunt.
    Keep on creating,T!m.
    Holly from Nebraska

40. Heidi Mireles says:

Nov. 1st. CHECK- -Tim’s Winter Seasonal Exclusive

41. Juel says:

Wow, 6 hours? That is amazing! Wish they were in my budject this year. It will be fun to have them back next fall!!

42. Bonnie says:

Fall is my favorite season, but now I will be looking forward to winter for the new season’s distress colors! Thanks for your vision

43. Nancy Stislow says:

Just got mine yesterday WOOHOO! Can’t wait to try them!

44. Nathaliepj says:

More new colors coming… Oh boy! I can’t wait. You can never have enough of distress ink colors. The more you have the more the creativity flows…

45. jolande says:

You’re idee was faboules but you forgot one thing…every stamping/scrapping lady (the most are ladies) want to have the ink s from king Tim Holtz….so you made a big mistake thinking that it was enough…it was not and will never be!!!!!
    The colors are great and I am glad to have one set!!! and pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make the re-inkers!!!!!!!! Jolande

46. I just love the fall season colours. I do hope that the second batch will be enough so some of them will come to Sweden! I can’t wait until next year!

47. I had a sneaky feeling that there would be a Christmas collection – yay! Can’t wait to see those colors!
    I love Ranger and am thrilled that they are going to do another run. Everyone should be able to enjoy these fantastic inks!

48. lisa says:

can’t wait for the winter series…big plans for my holiday cards!!!

1 2 3 4 11