tattered floral winners…

wow bloggers…what an amazing turn out for the tattered floral challenge!  i can’t believe there were over 700 submissions to the challenge so i just want to start off by saying thank you all for being part of it.  to be honest, the whole idea behind this was to really inspire you to just take time to create something…whatever it was…using the same “ingredient” so to speak (i guess this was iron chef crafting style).  to see how many of you decided to actually take me up on this challenge blows me away, and i really hope that simply by taking part was really worth it to you and somehow inspired your creativity.  i know that most of you have checked out the submissions and clicked on the links to see the other amazing ideas shared by the participants – after all, that was the whole purpose behind the challenge.  i’ve said it many times before, the most important thing to me, and by far the most rewarding, is to see how all of you take the ideas and make them your own.  i thank you again for being part of this challenge, whether you submitted a project, or simply for cheering along with your comments on the blog, they most certainly did not go unnoticed.  now although it might seem cliche, you are all winners in my book – so bravo to you…

that being said we do have 5 winners to announce for the “tattered floral challenge” who will each receive a tim holtz prize package filled with $175 of creative goodness.  it was fun looking at your submissions you’ve been posting throughout the past month and certainly our challenge was choosing our favorites, but after much deliberation, we narrowed it down to our top 5.  so if you see your name and project listed, congrats to you for being one of our tattered floral winners – please email mario@timholtz.com to claim your prize package.

thanks again everyone…t!m

lisa nazario-gregory: i would have to say that we were blow away by the talents this crafter had for taking the tattered floral die and making some amazing flower variations.  the best part is she shares her tutorials for making many of these right on her blog.  it was really wonderful to see all of the different styles and colors of flowers made by a single die.  well done lisa…

linda kobosky: the idea of taking flowers to adorn projects with was definitely the inspiration for this project.  we loved the birdhouse decorated with a variety of tattered floral flowers, but it was the versatility of this die used to create architectural features on her birdhouse like the shingles for the rooftop that had us loving this project.  very clever linda…

angelica: now this is one we definitely wanted to see in person.  to think that these are all created using the tattered floral die, and even more amazing white copy paper?  something about the classic look of the white bouquet of flowers is rather stunning don’t you think?  there are tutorials on many of these flowers too on her blog.  simplicity at it’s finest angelica…

tamera: this was one of those projects that made us smile because of the innovative materials used to create it.  i mean who would have possibly looked at the pile of supplies she shows on her blog, and then watch as she turns them into very clever and rustic tattered florals.  i just thought it was very different, and unique.  clever ideas tamera…

jennifer lynn newcomb: when you think over the top, this one definitely fits the bill.  can you imagine covering a wall in your house with tattered florals?  well this crafter did, and we’re so happy she did.  this entry was submitted through flickr so there is no blog to link to unfortunately to see the process, but if you click the link there are more pictures of the finished wall.  awesome work jennifer…

226 Comments to “tattered floral winners…”

1. Margie UK says:

Very worthy winners and it was such fun to take part. Some brilliant ideas to copy and I hope you have another challenge very soon.

2. Fliss says:

Many congratulations to all. The most amazing and inspiring creations from everyone.
    Fliss x

3. WilmaB says:

Wow, beautiful, amazing projects. Congrats to all of you!

4. How wonderful!! Gongrats to all!!

5. Julie Heyer says:

WOW, absolutely amazing work by everyone that won and also those that didn’t! Great job and congrats!

6. Congratulations to all the winners, your projects are spectacular.
    It was so much fun just to take part in this challenge.

7. Colleen O says:

Well even though I didn’t win it is fantastic to see a friend of mine win….yeah Tami!! Congrats to all the winners and entries

8. Michele says:

Holy cow – awesome projects!! Congrats to the lucky winners. 🙂

9. bobbie says:

Congratulations to the winners; I LOVE the wall flowers!!

10. Jan B says:

Tim
    you are so right, these flowers are amazing. when i saw anjelicas white flowers i thought they were real peonies, simply amazing.
    Jan

11. Vicki Morris says:

Congratulations to the winners. Beautiful projects. So very creative. I just love how everyone used such different materials to make such creative and sometimes realistic looking flowers. Loved them all!

12. Boo says:

Congrats to all the winners. It’s amazing to see how many ideas can come from one die. Thanks for the challenge and the prizes, Tim.

13. Jean D says:

definitely all of these are deserving winners! I am so impressed and inspired by their work. They have proven, once again, that these dies are extremely versatile. ♥

14. GailD says:

WOW! Loved the use of toy car tires Tamera. You all did an amazing job.

15. Kay Singleton-Jarrell says:

Wow, such a fantastic job. congrats to all!

16. Truly floral works of art! And they are such great inspiration pieces!

17. Anne V says:

Congrats to all the winners, and all who participated! I am glad I did not have to choose! You have all opened my eyes even more to the possibilities when using this great Tattered Floral Die!

18. Congratulations to all of the winners! I think the birdhouse is my favorite, but I love them all! Tim and Mario, you definitely had a difficult job choosing 5 winners out of over 700 entries. Great job, guys!

19. Donna Ellis says:

Wow, all the winners are AMAZING! Oh, Tim, how did you ever decide??? I think the best thing is that creative people are so willing to share their expertise. I think they’re among the most generous people around!

20. Cim Allen says:

Wow! AMAZING !!! Congrats to all .. Enjoy your goodies :). Thanks for such a cool idea Tim ..

21. Barbara L says:

Wow and amazing! Congrats to you all.

22. Leni says:

A grandiose action ended today, and I didn’t want to swap with tim and mario to make a selection. Well done! And all this creativ subscriber gave so much inspiration to us. Complements to all of them.
    I love the flowers from winner Lisa, but the white bouquet of flowers from winner Angelica is realy stunning. I already looked up to her work last weeks. I also admired Tamera’s handiwork before stopping the challenge. Especially because of the idea with the car wheels in center of flowers.
    I was a part of this challenge too, and I’ve had much fun (and work too until late after midnight to make hundred of flowers)
    I would be happy about an action replay.
    Congratulations to all the winners!!!
    Greatings to all over the world from Germany.
    Leni

23. Stacy Haworth says:

Congratulations to all the winners! The projects are amazing!
    I am sure it was difficult to weed through 700 and pick only a few winners!

24. Sharon Young says:

Whoa! Fantastic pieces! Congrats to the winners! Thanks team Tim for a fun challenge. And thanks to everyone who participated-it was great to see all the variety. Happy Spring!

25. Tona says:

Congrats to the winners! They did an amazing job!!!

26. Cindy Daversa says:

These are definitely some super talented ladies! Congrats! I have some amazing inspiration!

27. Congrats to the Winners!!!
    t!m,
    This was by far the most incredible challenge I’ve had the honor to read, learn, and be inspired by. So many lovely submissions and ideas that can last all year around. I enjoyed watching this incredible journey of many admirers from near & afar. & I would have to agree that doing Deco for an entire wall is pretty awesome! So many lovely ideas. Thank you so very much for this.
    HUGS xoxo

28. Retta says:

Wow! WOW! W.O.W.!!!! I somehow missed a couple of these submissions. Congratulations, Ladies! Well done!

29. kat says:

WOW 700 happy creative souls! Congrats to all the winners – they are all creatively beautiful!

30. Angele says:

Congratulations to all the winners, you really deserve it – the projects look amazing!!!
    Have fun with your prize, sure you will create more wonderful projects with it!

31. These five are certainly mind blowing! So deserving to win, each and every one! Congrats to you all!

32. Pam P. says:

Congratulations! These are gorgeous projects.

33. all very worthy winners! amazing!

34. Dana Tatar says:

Congrats to the winner! Fabulous work ladies! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

35. Shirl L says:

Congratulations to all the winners! I’m totally WOWed!

36. Kathy Kurth says:

WOW!! What beautiful projects!! Congratulations to the winners you deserve it. Especially Jennifer who now has me wanting to put pink & white flowers on my wall in my scrap room lol

37. Linda Kobosky says:

OMG!!! I can’t believe out of all those amazing projects you picked mine!!! I enjoyed looking at everyone’s project and got so many amazing ideas!! I can’t tell you how honored I feel to be chosen a winner!!!! I so appreciated this opportunity! I just can’t wipe the smile off my face….LOL Congrats to all the winners and to everyone who submitted.

38. Amazing talented winners. WELL DONE!

39. Kathi says:

What amazing and creative projects

40. I have these dies, but haven’t been this adventurous yet.. time to play I think!! incredible talented winners. well done!

41. butterfly says:

Astounding work, and worthy winners – congratulations to all! So happy about Angelica’s bouquet – it was the one I completely fell in love with! – and that wall decoration is out of this world! What an amazing month of inspiration – thank you!
    Alison x

42. Dana Cavanaugh says:

These are all so great! Congratulations to all the winners!

43. Patricia F says:

All of these crafters deserve applause! Just amazing work! It’s mind-blowing to see such creativity! Congratulations to all the winners!

44. Mary Jane W says:

Congratulations to all the winners. Your projects are wonderful and deserving of the win! Enjoy all your new goodies.

45. BJ says:

WOW I adore all the winners, well worth the choice. Well done everyone. BJ

46. Violet says:

Excellent winners! Congratulations to all.

47. Amy Bagley says:

Congrats to all the winners! Enjoy your box of awesomeness!

48. Melanie says:

Congratulations to the winners! Love all the creativity – lots of inspiration for future projects. Now off to finish my March Easter tag.

49. Mary Elizabeth says:

Amazing projects! Congrats to you all. Thanks again Tim for continuing to inspire us to keep crafting 🙂 — ME

50. Helen says:

congratulations to the winners, they are fabulous entries indeed, though how you found time to look at 700 and choose your favourites, i don’t know!!

1 2 3 4 5