hope your summer is off to a great start. today i want to share a colorful red, white & blue home decor project that’s easy to make this weekend to celebrate independence day. this patriotic project can be displayed using an adjustable easel (as shown), on a shelf, mantel, or hanging up on the wall – here’s to a safe and happy 4th of july holiday…t!m
- stamps: americana blueprints CMS145
- dies: stacked stars bigz, vagabond 2
- surfaces: burlap panel 6×8, chipboard, kraft-stock, paper stash/memoranda
- adhesives: distress collage medium/matte
- inks: distress oxide/vintage photo/walnut stain, distress crayons/walnut stain, distress markers/asst.
- embellishments: adornment stars, ephemera snippets, number tokens, quote chips, loop pin
- structure: adjustable easel
- tools: craft sheet, heat tool, waterbrush/detailer, mini ink blending tool, scissors, sanding grip
1. adhere ephemera snippets to a 5 1/2” x 5 1/2” piece of chipboard with distress collage medium adding a layer over the top to seal.
2. die cut stars using the stacked stars bigz die and vagabond 2.
3. color stars with distress crayons and blend with your finger.
4. adhere stars together with distress collage medium.
5. cut memoranda paper stash to 5” x 7”, stamp flag with archival ink, and watercolor flag with distress markers using waterbrush.
6. cut paper stash to 3 1/2” x 4 1/2”, tear off lower edge, stamp liberty with archival ink, and watercolor with distress markers using waterbrush.
7. cut kraft-stock 5 1/8” x 7 1/8” and 3 5/8” x 4 5/8”, sand edges with a sanding grip, ink with distress ink, adhere layers together and sew around edges.
8. adhere game pieces or foam tape to the back of the stars and statue of liberty using distress collage medium.
9. cut apart quote chips to create “home of the brave”.
10. ink the edges with distress oxide using ink blending tool.
11. ink edges of burlap panel with distress oxide using ink blending tool.
12. adhere layers using distress collage medium, tie ribbon around burlap panel and embellish.