have you joined the fun by getting #hipforsummer with sizzix? well how about creating a card for a friend to just say “sup”? today’s tutorial shares how easy it is to stamp, cut, and color your favorite hipster with a few clever storage tips too…
- stamps: hipster CMS288
- dies/machine: hipster framelits, vagabond 2
- surfaces: distress watercolor cardstock, kraft-stock/classic, textured surfaces, memoranda paper stash
- inks: distress markers, distress ink/gathered twigs, archival ink/black soot
- adhesives: glossy accents, foam tape
- embellishments: adornment arrows, film strip ribbon, hex fasteners, jute string
- tools: craft pick, waterbrush/detailer, mini ink blending tool, sanding grip
1. stamp hipster images on to watercolor cardstock and die cut. 2. sizzix storage envelopes are perfect for keeping your framelits & thinlits dies in. tip: add a magnet sheet to help keep the dies organized. (magnet sheet can be purchase at a home improvement store – look for vent covers) 3. i like to keep all of my dies in these stylish sizzix storage boxes (available while supplies last). tip: you can organize them alphabetically or by theme for easy access. 4. keeping track of all of the little die cut pieces can be a challenge. tip: adhere them to the sticky part of a post-it-note to keep track of them and to help keep them in place when coloring. 5. color images with distress markers and a detailer waterbrush. ink edges of all the pieces with distress ink using an ink blending tool. 6. adhere layers together with foam tape and adhere glasses with glossy accents. add glossy accents to the frames and inside glass part. 7. cut cardstock for card, score and fold in half. cut memoranda paper stash a little smaller then the card. Cut a 1” burlap strip from textured surfaces. sand and ink the edges with distress ink. 8. adhere cardstock, hipster elements to card. embellish with adornment arrow, film strip ribbon, hex fasteners, and jute string.
i’m sure you’re inspired to create something – right?
be sure to head over to the main post where we kicked off the #hipforsummer promotion… t!m