cha 2011 product preview…(idea-ology #2)

well bloggers i am so happy you're all loving the previews!  the comments are so cool to read, so thank you for taking the time to post them…  i just love designing for my idea-ology line since the sky's the limit when it comes to ideas – nothings too crazy to try (talk about a candy shop for a designer).  so today's previews include more exciting things coming your way, and you'll see a couple of crazy ideas in there that i hope you'll love too.  just one week from today before i'm on a plane heading to L.A. – just crazy!  i need more time…t!m

TH_CHAW2011_CATALOG_r4-49
– configurations tray – you know with my addiction to configurations it was only a matter of time before i had to have a customizable tray right?  this one has an overall size of just over 11"x16" and just 1" deep so it's perfect to hang on a wall, use with photos, and it even has some larger compartments sized for ATC's.  of course it comes with every compartment interchangeable which is the thing i love most about configurations.  it also adorns a vintage style label pull on the side to complete the look of this cool addition to the configurations line…

TH_CHAW2011_CATALOG_r4-30
– ring binders – if you like to make mini books, flip calendars, or other functioning paper crafts but don't always like the hassle of book binding machines i have the solution for you!  ring binders…  yep just like the ring binders in a simple office binder but much smaller, and much more functional complete with brads to attach it to your project.  these cool hardware pieces come in 2 different sizes and 2 pieces per pack with included brads.  each measuring at about 4 3/4" in length, the small size has 5/8" rings and the large size 1" rings.  this simple device has unlimited possibilities.

TH_CHAW2011_CATALOG_r4-7
– pocket watch – this one had me over the top excited!  years ago i used to teach workshops collaging inside real pocket watches.  with both cost and watch availability limiting those workshops i found the solution – create my own.  this time i've gone one step better and created a faux pocket watch designed specifically for collage.  sized at 2" wide and 1/4" deep and complete with a flat glass front and removable metal back, this "timeless" piece is perfect for holding vintage trinkets and of course lots of idea-ology embellishments.

– grungeblocks – i know many of you who have been following my blog have noticed my infatuation with printers blocks.  this is another one of those products where cost and availability have limited my use of them…or has it?  well these new grungeblocks contain 2 sheets of assorted fonts cut from grungeboard and 3 sheets of pre-sized thick grungeblocks (three times thicker than grungeboard!).  just choose your letters and corresponding size block, glue them together and with a little paint and a dab of ink – instant print blocks.  no doubt a video will soon be coming your way for this one.

TH_CHAW2011_CATALOG_r4-14
– alpha parts – if you grew up going to the movies or remember the days of daily special boards at your favorite restaurant, this product is a throw back to nostalgia.  these pre-adhesive backed plastic letters are attached to a plastic matrix board.  simply twist off, snip the plastic nub off with your scissors and adhere to your project.  the classic black finish is perfect for a clean look or easily altered with a swipe of acrylic paint.

TH_CHAW2011_CATALOG_r4-63
– drill punch – this clever tool is the easiest way to literlly punch a small hole into a variety of soft metals (which is just about every idea-ology embellishment i have).  it's simple operation of merely twisting one of the handles to screw the drill punch through the metal will have you making holes for jewelry or attaching charms to your projects.  it's clever design however is what makes it so unique since it features a center balancing guide you simply twist out to make using this tool much easier.  just another tool you say?  perhaps…  but another necessity i say?  definitely…

TH_CHAW2011_CATALOG_r4-42
– tissue tape dispenser – now if one product has that immediate "awe" factor it would be this.  yes it's a tissue tape dispenser.  just like it's matching larger industrial packaging tape dispenser, this adorable gadget is a mere 4 3/4" tall.  no more searching for the invisible end of your tissue tape, just pick this up and apply.  complete with specially designed cutting blade for the tissue tape it will have you applying tape with ease.  let's be honest though, i'm sure you'll be spending most of the time just admiring it's cuteness…you won't be able to help it.

965 Comments to “cha 2011 product preview…(idea-ology #2)”

1. Katie says:

OH WOW! What fun new tools and goodies! I think I’m gonna have to get them all! Thanks for sharing!

2. Donna Vere says:

They are all perfect – the watch and tissue tape dispenser and drill punch (my size) are amazing! I love the letters and ring binders too!

3. Suzie Brush says:

Very Cool stuff… When can we order your new stuff? I live in FL and Michales is not listening to my request for your product πŸ™
    And all the scrapbook stores here have gone out of business πŸ™ – So any ideas for me?
    Have a good day from the Sunshine State….
    ~~~ Suzie ~~ =)

4. oh my goodness! Im going to have to start saving. So many new things I Just HAVE to have! lol

5. I love it all! You’re killing me here LOL So glad to see the Pocket Watch, I’ve been wanting to tear my Husband’s pocket watch apart to play with..now I won’t have to πŸ™‚

6. nice hardward to go with the rest of your line.

7. chel says:

The alpha parts would be PERFECT for my art journal πŸ™‚

8. There is nothing on this post that I will be able to live without….
    ~Jill

9. Helene says:

That dispenser is so cute!!

10. Susan says:

Now honestly Tim, I am reading down the list of incredible stuff here and I get to the tissue tape dispenser and this is the first time I literally yell out loud “ah ha”. WOW factor is an understatement.

11. Linda Gilliam says:

OMG!!! It’s like Christmas ALL over again!
    A plethera of GOODIES!!!
    Your brain is AMAZING Tim!

12. Kelley says:

Oh, man! What more could you possibly come up with? (I’m sure you have tons more up your sleeve.)
    I need the print tray, the ring binder, the grunge blocks, the alpha parts, the …

13. Stick a fork in me…I’m done!!!

14. Chastity says:

OH MY GOODNESS!!! What could u possibly have left for the rest of the week? U continue to amaze me! Can’t wait til tomorrow!!!!

15. Noel Drennen says:

OMG! You’re killing me! I love ALL of the new stuff! The ring binder, the tape dispenser, the new texture fades, the dies…I want it ALL! You are simply brilliant and SO inspiring!

16. Rita Perfater says:

OK, today it is the small binder spines–not sure that is what you called them, but you know what I mean. Very fun. My mind was going as soon as I looked upon them. And, such a neat size!!!!

17. barbara lassiter says:

When do you find time to create all these awesome new products as well as your other projects????? Nice work. Can’t wait to see some new projects using some of these!!!!

18. Nicole says:

Amazing, amazing, amazing!! Need and want them all, as always!!

19. Zee says:

Yes. It’s true (hanging my head in shame). I have been coveting your typesetter block letters. Covet, covet, covet. And now…. you’ve made it possible that I can MAKE my own typesetter block letters?!!! Wow! Thanks, Tim. Can’t wait. And promise not to covet (much) …. but if I give you a list, will you turn the rest of my crafting my “desires” into Tim Stuff? That would be too cool.

20. DeannaC says:

Can’t wait to see all these products in use! A dispenser—what a cute idea. And the grungeblocks are brilliant!

21. kismet art says:

you had me at new gadget…loving your sneak peeks!

22. chelle says:

Stop it!!! I can’t take it…such amazing, delicious, wonderful…oh my…seriously ALL just fan.friggin.tactic!!!!

23. Kristen says:

I love them all, but the watch is such a cooool idea!!!!

24. Pavla says:

love the configurations tray – this is exactly what I’ve been waiting for – a tray with windows where I want them!

25. Hjemmkos says:

I love it I love it I love it!
    The tray is perfect! Want it now!

26. Patty Williams says:

Pocket Watch !!! I want the Pocket Watches ! So many things to put in there… Pocket lockets ! Nice !
    Patty in Akron πŸ™‚

27. tim your killing me!! my heart is in overdrive, I am frazzled with excitement!!! sooooooo gonna have to sweet talk the bank manager!!xx

28. Cim Allen says:

The grunge blocks sound so cool, and the tissue tape dispenser, have to have it, and the alphaparts, and the drill. You are just so brilliant, you know exactly what I’m wishing for and you create and make it. Thanks Tim !!

29. Linda Partridge says:

I want it all. Cool products.

30. Elise says:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh DEAR! Must… get… my …paws… ON THIS GREAT STUFFFFFF! I’m lovin’ EVERYTHING! Oh, dear! Especially those plastic letters! Purrrrrrrr… purrrrrr… MEOW! Gosh, Mr. Holtz! This IS a candy shop!

31. LorraineN says:

Oh my word, pretty soon I can’t say “paper”crafter…as I sneak to grab your metal embellies and tools, LOL! Who’d’ve thought I would get excited about punching holes through metal? ROFL

32. Nancy D. says:

Oh yea!…loving it all!

33. Diana says:

Oh, my…I’ve got to get that tape dispenser!

34. trish says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Your work TIm. You are simply amazing. So many endless possibilities with what you have. Keep it going!! Can’t wait til things hit the shelf

35. I already adore the tissue tape dispenser! And the configurayions tray and the ringbinder! Just think of all the samples you could collect with those ringbinders!

36. Milly Da Silva says:

The Configuration Tray, great great great, gotta have it. Really loving everything, but the tape Dispenser is the best.
    TFS

37. Gail L. says:

Awe is right!
    About everything!

38. Sherry Winchester says:

Is there no end to all this wonderfulness???? Good heavens, I hope not! My jaw has dropped whilst reading this whole blog post today. Such fantastic treasures!! Oh, my!

39. froggietalks (Karen G) says:

I am loving the configurations and tissue tape dispenser…. two must haves on my list.

40. Gail E says:

You are too much! The new Idea-ology is so exciting! Thank you, Tim!

41. Simply amazed at everything you are coming out with T!m. Being a mini album freak, I especially love the ring binders. And the Pocket Watch is simply fantastic!
    I wanna be on your design-team-no-more…Boo-hoo! Can’t wait to get this stuff in our stores and play with them.

42. Karen says:

awesome stuff. wish someone near me would pick up more of your line. even Michaels doesn’t carry any o your new stuff

43. theCook says:

Love your new tissue tapes, so of course I am also interested in the tissue tape dispenser…

44. Kelly says:

Very cool time. I love your papers from yesterday and I am excited about the binder rings and the pocket watch!! Ok I’m excited about everything, lets face it!
    Super Stuff!!!
    Kelly

45. Barb A says:

Like the tissue tape dispenser. Does the grungeboard still stink?

46. Jackie says:

I just want to be a little mouse in your studio!!!!!!! SO MUCH FUN!

47. Peggy Beck says:

Keep it up Tim. We’ll all be broke buying your wonderful ideas. Just kidding, cause we love them.

48. Bsavage says:

Loving the new products!! I hope my retirement fund can take the hit!

49. anji clements says:

i saw the binder rings and out came my mouth, thank goodness!!! i have wanted those for so long. and the tape dispenser, i need one for each roll, lined up pretty.

50. jennifer brown says:

wow. i love everything you have shown. the binder rings are something i have wondered why no one has ever sold them. awesome. can’t wait!

1 2 3 4 20