the changing of the seasons showcase a colorful transformation of warm earthy hues. these rich tones of reds, yellows, and rust layered over a background of cool shades of blues, greens, and violet create a vibrant contrast. combine this colorful combination with unique resist of visual imagery and textured dimension and you have the makings of mixed-media menagerie. have fun exploring the limitless creative possibilities of this month’s 12 tags technique remix…t!m
- surfaces: #8 manila tag, distress watercolor cardstock, textured surfaces/corrugate/cork
- inks: distress spray stain/asst. colors, distress ink/walnut stain, distress archival ink/black soot, distress markers/asst. colors; distress paint/black soot
- adhesives: black foam tape, distress collage medium
- embellishments: remnant rubs/special delivery, adornments/silverware, tiny fasteners
- tools: misti, remnant rub tool, mini ink blending tool, distress waterbrush/detailer, distress splatter brush, distress sprayer, paper distresser, scissors, heat tool, vagabond
- stamps: cms133 autumn blueprint
- dies: 3/4″ alphanumeric thinlits
– follow the technique linked above to create the remnant rub resist. note: remember to leave an open area in the center of the background for your stamped image.
– color the background using distress stain or spray stain to create a fluid blend of color. add water to lighten and mottle the inks to create a droplet effect.
– distress the edges of the tag using a paper distress and distress ink using a mini ink blending tool.
– follow the technique linked above for dimensional coloring. i used several colors of distress markers scribbled on my craft sheet to watercolor the leaf to create a blend of earthy colors.
– die cut a word from textured cork using the alphanumeric thinlits. the individual letters and numbers allow you to customize your project. layer the cork over corrugate and secure them with tiny fasteners.
– adhere the layered textures to the tag and splatter the entire surface with black paint using a distress splatter brush to create subtle speckles.
– the details: embellish with the unexpected… with thanksgiving a few weeks away, the word “gather” and a fork seemed perfect to me.
congrats to the winners from the october 12 tags of 2016. if you see your name (and it links to your tag), please email email@example.com to claim your prize…
*be sure to check your local stores for these supplies, or click on the links below to purchase online from Simon Says Stamp with a discount of 10% off your purchase – use code: 10NOVEMBERTH1